meet Anne, along a stroll in Antwerp with her backpack
Meet Anne, our business manager and professional joy sparker at the office, her always positive energy lights up everyone in the room. As a true Dutchy, Anne prefers to take her bike everywhere. (fun fact: she holds the record of transporting the most Lies Mertens bags on her bike ;). So it was without a doubt that our next backpack would be named after her.
As a young mom in Antwerp, practicality is key. With her hands preferably free, she takes her new Anne backpack everywhere. This design takes its characteristics from our previous backpack design, but with many improvements.
Born in the Netherlands, but already 10 happy years in Antwerp, she knows this city's hidden secrets. So we asked Anne for her favorite hotspots in Berchem, her dearest district in Antwerp and a stone's throw away from our office and recently opened guesthouse Patina.
Anne's favorite Berchem spots
- Vitis: Perfect for lunch and dinner, and with a cozy terrace.
- Cabagine: Hidden coffee spot next to a little square where kids can run around and the late afternoon sun keeps shining :)
- Café Tati: Same hidden square, perfect for a pintje and a croque mr (aka the one and only Tosti in Dutch).
- Market at the Villagestraat: Every Saturday a small market with local goods
- Kunthun 2: Typical Tibetan restaurant, so fresh and so good!
- Café des artistes near Berchem station, perfect for afterwork drinks
- Café Stanny: Favorite place of all time. Every week a new menu and all veggies come straight from local farms.